Grant is getting really big for the swaddling blankets (the cheater ones that we have - SwaddleMe - which we call his straight jacket). He has been able to get 1 arm free for a while. This past weekend while we were staying with Jeff and Jill, he got both arms out. We'll have to start calling him Houdini. Grant was trying really hard to roll over this weekend (from his back to his stomach). He would turn onto his right side (usually while chewing on his hand), but didn't pull the left hip over. He was sooo close.
So last night, he decided to show off. I put him in his crib with the mobile running, and went to start his bath. When I came back, I found an unhappy camper on his belly... I clapped and did the whole "YEAH!" thing, then went to find my camera (instead of comforting him). He performed a few times for me - but was never happy about it. I laid him down for bed WITHOUT the SwaddleMe, since he has turned into Houdini. Less than 1 hour later, he was awake and screaming... but it sounded a little different... because he was on his belly. His leg was stuck in the crib (which was clearly torture judging by his cries). I rocked him back to sleep, and tried the same thing again (no swaddle). Isn't that the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?
About 1.5 hours later, he was up again, screaming & on his belly. This time, I fed him (it'd been 5 hours since he'd eaten, so it was either fill his belly or wake up around 4 am with him), swaddled him, and he was out for the night. No more rolling. AND he didn't escape from his straight jacket!! Hey - if it keeps him from waking at night, I will swaddle him until he's in kindergarten.
Hello world!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment