Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Things I Love - Alcohol Edition

Breaking news - I like adult beverages. Whether it's a drive-thru daiquiri or a good glass of wine. Here are a few of my favorite (alcoholic) things:

Coconut Lemon Sour
1 oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz simple syrup
1.5 oz coconut water
1.5 oz coconut vodka


Ya'll - this one is a game changer. We're calling this "The Drink of Summer 2014" but it has real potential to cross into 2015 and 2016 (unless we can figure out Zaza lemonade before then). I usually make my simple syrup with about 2/3 Truvia and 1/3 real sugar to save on calories. This is about 135 calories made this way.

I have to give PF Chang's credit for this. A friend had this one day when we were there for lunch, then it made me want to go back just for it. Back in February, Derek and I were in San Antonio for my annual CLE and we ended up at PF Chang's where the bartender shared the recipe. Warning though - while you CAN use bottled lemon juice, you WILL regret it. The fresh stuff is the best!

Bonterra Cabernet Sauvignon

Just pick up a $10 bottle the next time you're at Costco and thank me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment