I walked with my friend Claire last night. We walked 3 miles in the full moon - much more than I've been walking! Claire is due TODAY. Her aunt is in town to help with the baby... actually her aunt told her NOT to walk with me because my baby would be a bad influence on her baby!
Grant already has a reputation... but he's not living up to it! Claire started having contractions early this morning and is already at the hospital. I'm so happy for her... but still very jealous!
A quick update from my last doctor's appointment (which was Tuesday, the 26th). I am still just 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced... the same that I've been at my last 3 appointments! I had a non-stress test to make sure Grant was good to cook a little longer. He passed with flying colors! It was a really great experience. I was hooked up to a monitor for 30 minutes, with a "trigger" to press every time I felt movement. It was really great to just sit and listen to Grant for such an extended period of time!!
If Grant doesn't come beforehand, I will go back to the doctor June 1, and be induced on June 2. My doctor tried to schedule my inducement for June 1, but I guess the hospital was full because they came back with June 2nd. June 2nd is a special day for our family - my brother Brian was born on June 2. Brian would have been 32 this year. I never got to meet him. He passed away at the age of 2 (before I was born). So if Grant decides to stay that long, I will count it a blessing for my mom and I to share the birth day of our baby boys.
Hello world!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment