Sunday, June 13, 2010

Second week - update

Grant has settled into somewhat of a routine over the past few days. We don't marry him to a routine... but our practice has been to keep him awake when Daddy is home from work. He sleeps MUCH better at night this way. I can't really complain about sleep - he'll sleep a solid 4 hours at night, often more. Then go back down for another 3 hours or so... We love this, but depending on weight gain, our doc may have a different idea.

Grant's newborn pictures yesterday threw a wrench into this "routine". I can't wait to see them, but moving him around definitely messed up the daily cycle of eat, sleep & poop. (In other news - the other thing that messed up this cycle - mama eating beans... makes for a poopy Grant ALL DAY!!!).

So today has been recovery day. Grant has slept almost all day - we'll see how the night goes. But he fell asleep several times while feeding, so I took the opportunity to pump... which meant I could go out with my mom & have a margarita tonight!! It was just as good as I remembered.

Grant's 2 week appointment is Tuesday. He will NOT be back to his birth weight (which would be typical for babies... apparently), but I will update with new stats!! I have an appointment tomorrow where I will (hopefully) be approved to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment