Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Rice Cereal

We started rice cereal over the weekend. We tried it hot, cold, thick, runny, with water, and with formula. Grant hated it all. I thought it would be better if we held him because he hates to sit. So Sunday and Monday we tried that. He still hated it. It is easier to get the spoon in when his mouth is open wide to wail.

Monday morning and this morning, Grant had a rash on his face when he woke up. Nothing too scary - I still left him at daycare. No fever or fussiness - just redness on his forehead. I thought maybe it was the brand of rice cereal (Gerber), but last night we tried Earth's Best (with apples - another attempt to trick him into liking it), and he still woke up with the rash. We'll skip the cereal tonight and see if that clears up the rash.
We got an exersaucer and Johny Jumper this weekend from my cousin Julie. Despite what his dad may post on facebook, Grant does like the exersaucer... but only for a few minutes. We haven't set up the jumper yet. Maybe we'll try that tonight.

Derek canceled our cable on Friday. I'm very excited about this!! Satellite is expensive - we're going to save a TON!! We're giving it a month before we decide if we're going to replace it. Nonetheless, last night Derek was in one room watching a comedy, and I was in the other watching PBS's special "God in America." It was really good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment