Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Excuse the Mess…

We are well on our way to re-doing our entire house. This was not really planned, but – I do love it!! Last month, we got a new A/C and a new roof. This month, we are getting new gutters and an all over paint job. The outside is done already and looks GREAT! We went from brown to cream. We also painted the front door black!! The painter recommended black, and I must say – it looks GREAT! The change in the outdoor paint color is most noticeable in the back where we don’t have as much brick.


Inside the house, we are changing over all of our cream color trim to bright white. This includes bathroom cabinets and wainscoting in the kitchen. The 2 day project is now in its 4th day, but I’m so happy it’s being done RIGHT! And even happier it’s being done by SOMEONE ELSE! The trim is a lot of work!! Sanding and 2 coats of oil-based paint is not a quick job. It is, however, quite smelly. We’ve temporarily moved out until the fumes settle to a non-hazardous level. Before and after pics will be up as soon as the painting is done and mess cleaned up (in other words, don’t hold your breath).


This weekend, Team Hicks went to Red Oak. Grant loves his Grandma Rose and Papa!! Since no painting was done on Sunday, we decided to try a night at the house. Bad choice. All day Monday I could smell paint – I think it seeped into my nose hairs! So last night and for a few more nights, Team Hicks is camping out at the Motos’.


In Grantland, little boy is holding his own bottle now about 90% of the time. He LOVES his Johnny Jumper and loves to stick out his tongue! Last week, we started him on peas (which he loved), and this week we are trying sweet potatoes (which he loves even more). I have not had much success with rice cereal, so (at Derek’s suggestion), we are sending that to day care with him. I resisted that at first, but Derek was right to pass the buck on that one! I can’t believe I put that in writing… on the world wide web… for everyone to see.


Last week, I was trying to finish up getting ready in the morning, and Grant was soooo tired and kept crying. I loaded the last thing in the car before grabbing him, but when I came back in the house, I heard nothing. He was passed out on the bed – on his belly no less, which he still hates.
Grant’s favorite entertainment is Lola. She doesn’t have to do much – she can just walk by and he thinks it’s funny. Therefore, there is lots of “Lola come here,” followed by “Lola, go get your toy.” in our house. And when she spazzes out (running around the house like she did after her bath on Sunday), the giggles just don’t stop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment