
**Grant is saying a few words pretty clearly. Mama, Dada, Ball, Bubble, and More. With some coercion, he'll say Baby, but he doesn't understand it.
**Grant loves to stand on his tiptoes and reach things he's not supposed to. He can reach the blocks on his window sill, which we allow. He can also reach door knobs and has locked our bedroom door a few times. Once while I was outside of our room.
**Grant has been fussy when he gets his diaper changed for several months now. But we have a new distraction: Peek-a-boo. We can say "Where's Grant?" and he'll cover his eyes. Then he opens his arms and we say "There he is!"
**We try to play "Where's _____" throughout the day. Where's the ball? He'll go get it. Where's Lola? He looks to her. Where's mama? etc. But everytime we ask "Where's Grant?" he hides his eyes to play Peek-a-boo. He doesn't point to himself. It's adorable.
**He's starting to problem solve. I love to see it! This morning, I blocked the door with my leg so he couldn't walk through it. He (quickly) decided to crawl under it instead.
**He still loves to eat. We usually stop feeding him once he's ate as much as me, but he could still eat more. At Parents' Night Out last night, he ate THREE pieces of pizza. He loves fruit too, so we're in the habit of chopping plenty of it and having it ready to go in the fridge. I usually take him extra food for breakfast/snack at daycare.
**He likes to read books now. Just this morning, after we read one, I put him down. He looked at me and I asked if he wanted to read more. "Moh", he replied. So we read another.
**I try to get him to dance, but he only does it on his terms. I shake my head side to side and sometimes he will too.
**Same thing with kisses. I've started asking for kisses every time I put him in or get him out of the car seat, and he's more willing to give them then than he is when we drop him off at daycare, pick him up, or put him down for bed.
**Takes 1 nap at day care, but on weekends, he gets 2.
**Teeth - he never lets us see, so I don't know. He's got at least 2 molars.
Grant was delighted that the CBA was signed and that training camp can finally start. He BEGGED to wear his Dallas Cowboys gear (courtesy of our wonderful neighbors, Jeff & Melissa).

Getting ready for work in the mornings is getting more difficult. Grant and Lola are always running around. And I MAY have made the unfortunate introduction of Grant to the light switch. The only one he's played with is in my closet (which is barely big enough for me alone, but in the mornings becomes large enough for Grant, me and Lola). Now everytime he comes into my closet, he whines and reaches for the light switch.

No comments:
Post a Comment