Special thanks to Roberta for the adorable outfit!!Abby is 4 months!! Here's what she's up to!!
Weight: 14 lbs., 4 oz (50th percentile)
Height: 25 inches (75th percentile)
Head Circumference: 42 cm (75th percentile) It’s a little crooked but should straighten out soon.
Diaper: Moving up to Size 3 today!
Eating: 7 oz. every 3 hours.
Clothing: 3-6 month size
Sleeping: Almost always 10-11 hours! There were 2 days last week where she woke up in the night, but I think that was a growth spurt. We still swaddle her for naps and at night.
Talking: Owl noises (a-whoo), Gargling type sounds, squeals, and other vowel sounds
Teeth: None – but she’s become a drool monster!!!
Milestones: She’s getting close to rolling over from her back to her belly, but hasn’t done it yet. Grant started rolling over just before he was 4 months old. Grant also started in the exersaucer and jumper at this age, but Abby has been in them for a few weeks already. She loves them!
Guaranteed Smiles: Same as last month - whistles, raspberries, tickling her neck, and brushing my hair against her.
Guaranteed Crying: Same as last month - riding in the car. She hates it!
I’ve got 500+ oz of milk in the freezer. I just found a program that basically pays you $300 for 300 ounces of “donated” breastmilk. The company fortifies the milk, then sells it to hospitals for premies (under 3 lbs). Economically, it is sort of a no brainer. It’s strange to sell my milk, but I’m glad it’ll help babies and also help me offset formula costs!
I’m pretty nervous that our clothes supply may be coming to an end soon. If Abby stays in the 50% range, then by 6 months, Abby will weigh about the same as Lila did at 1 year (17 lbs, 8 oz is the projection on the growth chart for Abby and Lila was 17 lbs, 4 oz). I will still refuse to pay more than single digits for baby clothes though!!
She is so darn cute! Awesome about the program for breast milk - I am TOTALLY going to remember that for baby #2 and sell that liquid gold. :) Well done friend.
ReplyDelete