For the past 7 years or so, we've participated in Restaurant Week. The fancy places in town offer a 3 course pre fixe menu for $35 each, and $7 of each plate goes to the North Texas Food Bank. It has grown so much that restaurants extend it to several weeks.
Wednesday, August 15 we went to III Forks. We try to go here every year with a group of awesome ladies that Derek worked with at Baylor. I love me some III Forks. Susie came over to hang with Grant and Abby.
Saturday, August 18 was Girls' Night! We went to Whiskey Cake in Plano. It was pretty good, but I actually ordered off the regular menu. It's not super-fancy. And they bombed our reservation - so that part sucked. I stared at these 2 pieces of meat all night:
Another highlight to the evening is that Derek let me take my sweet time in getting ready and kept the kiddos busy. It. was. awesome.
Cat, Rach, Jill, Laura and I were all there, but my photos didn't come out. Still trying to figure out the lighting on my new camera.
Friday, August 24 we went to Landmark with the same bunch - with our better halves. I was so caught up in conversation that I don't really think I can properly review the food. I left full, but when I ate my leftovers today, I was not impressed. The kids had a "reunion" night with Matt, Julie, Nathaniel and Clara. There was a "love fest" of kissing Baby Abby and boys that stayed up too late talking. When I picked them up on Saturday, they were all playing with the play kitchen. Practically perfect!
Hello world!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment