Grant used the potty at school today for the first time. YEAH! And I realized that I never updated the blog about our potty training session.... if you want to call it that.
Over Labor Day weekend, we tried potty training. We went the pant-less route. On Saturday, Grant peed once in the house (must've been while walking because there was a trail). Every 15 minutes we tried the potty, but he never went. So one time we tried outside. YUP! No problem peeing outside.
Around 10am, Derek left to go to a fantasy football draft. Grant was sitting on my lap (bare bottom) reading a book. When he got up, I realized he must have tooted on me. Just a smudge - no big deal really.
Then right before naps, Abby had a blow out. I picked Abby up - she had leaked through her diaper and I ended up with her blow out on me too. So - great. Derek had been gone about an hour and a half and both kids crapped on me.
I had been a helicopter mom over Grant bc he hadn't "done his business" like he normally does every morning. So I changed Abby and myself, trying to keep Grant in the same room. But I failed. So when I return to the living room, Grant points at the tile by the french doors and says "Oh no!" Yeah - poop. on. the. ground. But at this point, I'm just happy it's the tile and not the carpet.
I cleaned him up and put him in a diaper for nap. When he got up, we got rid of the diaper again. Back to the 15 minute routine. And again - no pee in the potty. But he did pee outside.
About 4pm, Derek got home and we decided to start over some other time. Maybe Thanksgiving?!
Hello world!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment