Sunday, October 28, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday after work, we took the kids for a treat - Mattitos! Ok - really - it was so mama could have a 'rita. At Mattitos, the kids get ice cream after their meal. Abby and Derek shared. Grant got his own.
Photobucket
Derek brought Abby home after dinner. Grant and I went to pick out pumpkins. He was so proud to pick them out! Once we got home, Derek and the kids went straight to bed. I stayed up and made hats for the kids' Halloween outfits.

Saturday we got up slowly. Abby had to be woken up at 8:45! The kids tried on their hats for Halloween. They fit! (That's something. My first one for Abby didn't.)
Photobucket
Photobucket
We took my car in and went to World Market and Big Lots. It was my first time ever in Big Lots. Oh - Abby's shirt says "I Love My Papa." I love it. She ACTUALLY kept her hat on too. Maybe we're turning over a new leaf!
Photobucket
When we got home, we had some homemade pizza and the kiddos napped. While they were out, I worked in the yard. Derek got on the pool. I did see this little guy while working in the flowerbed:
We have lots of lizards around here, but mostly geckos. So this guy was a different treat. Yes - I jumped when I saw him.

I spent a full 3 hours in the yard, then we headed to Clint and Shauna's for their annual pumpkin carving party.
Photobucket
Daxon slept most of the party. I'm sure that made for a fun night.
We got home around 11:30 and crashed!!

Today we had a big breakfast, then wanted to go show Gaga the kiddos' Halloween outfits. I quickly whipped up a batch of spaghetti sauce and we headed out.

The Halloween outfits were a hit!!! Until they weren't.
Photobucket
We got to see Susie and Kelsey for a minute until they had to go. Then we stripped the kids down for some spaghetti. Abby was even happy in Gaga's arms for a minute. Definitely worthy of a shot. I do love that Gaga doesn't mind. Her response is always "Oh well! Grant warmed up to me! She will too."
Photobucket
We came home and all the kids (and me) napped. It was GREAT! I put together a spaghetti cassarole and breakfast cassarole, then cleaned it all up before the kiddos woke up.

Once the babies got up, Grant rode his bike and we threw washers outside. The weather was PERFECT! Abby enjoyed crawling around. She got her knees dirty. She also had a few bruises on her face from the past few days (learning to balance bruises). I really think bruises and dirty knees are cuter on little boys. Oh - and I won 2 out of 3 in washers. I showed my babies how to win with class. ;) That's only a slight exaggeration.

Football, dinner, baths, then bedtime. That's our weekend!

Although right before bed, Abby had a little fever. And Grant threw up a little. I wonder what's in store for tomorrow?! Hopefully it was just teeth and too much applesauce, respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment