Monday, May 26, 2014

Too much fun

This weekend was pure perfection. Friday started with the office letting out early. So I ran some errands, then met up with Derek and the kids at the house. The babysitter came over at 5:30 and by 6 we were out the door to meet up with friends for Jill's birthday dinner at Si Tapas. Derek started out the evening by spilling sangria on his shorts - I'm shocked it wasn't me because I had on white shorts!
Saturday morning Derek cooked pancakes for the kids. I left to meet up with the girls for a special Saturday version of the Second Sunday Brunch Bunch/Sprinkle for Baby Boy Shep.

When I got home, the boys were gone to a birthday party. Our neighbor stopped in while Abby was napping though so she wasn't home alone! After the party, the boys picked up a Chickfila Nugget Tray and came home. Our friends came over to initiate pool season!

After we were done swimming, we switched the radio over to the Toddler Station on Pandora. Henry, Grant and Abby had a dance party, but Ava thought they were crazy. It was precious. That last comment on the video is "Grant is like the Naked Cowboy!" hahah!
This random shot is of Abby pretending to sleep when Derek told her to do so. I think it's too precious not to post:
On Sunday, I worked to clean out a closet. After naps we headed to the Rough Riders' game in Frisco. It was perfect weather! A nice breeze, a few large raindrops, and my kids got their first (I think) taste of a root beer float.

In the 4th inning, they were done so we played on the playground for a bit. Then we headed home and the bottom dropped out of the sky. It was raining cats and dogs! We were so glad that we left when we did! We stopped at the house to pick up some things, then headed out to Decatur to see the Arnolds.
We had some delicious steak and potatoes and the kids got to play a ton together.

On the way back, Derek told the kids they had to close their eyes so the wolves wouldn't get us.
Today, I finished cleaning out the closet and just in the nick of time! Kennedy got here right at lunch time and filled that closet right back up! We are thrilled to have her here. While she was unpacking, Derek and Mike put up a new cabinet in the bathroom.

Right now, Derek, Kennedy and Karl are at the movies. I really can't even put into words how excited I am for her to live here. I was given the opportunity to find myself through dance, school, and work at the same age. I'm so grateful for that time and more than happy to give that same opportunity to Kennedy - someone who I know has a heart of gold and who, like me 10 or so years ago, is in need of some time and a little structure and responsibility to figure things out. At the same time, I'm not naive. I know we may face some challenges. But right now I'm being an optimist and thinking that will just give us an advantage when our own kids are teenagers!

No comments:

Post a Comment