I'm 24 weeks now - and our son is supposed to be 12 inches long. I'll find out on Wednesday how big he really is. I've been telling Derek that I need his mom to teach me the song she used to sing to him that starts out "Big feet, big feet..."
Since my last blog, I've been working like crazy. This pregnant woman billed 209 hours in January - a feat I hope to never repeat. More importantly, since my last blog, my grandfather passed away. He was a really special man, and the only grandfather I really felt that I knew (I was too young when my Papa died). I am 100% confident that it was this man's hard work and sacrifice that gave me the opportunity to go down any path in life that I wanted. He laid a foundation for his family's success.
- 55 years ago, he was turning his 1 room house into a house with a several rooms and a bathroom (including digging his well with his own hands), and now his family lives comfortably in homes with more rooms than I care to count.
- 42 years ago, he made a huge leap of faith in starting a business, and that business now provides a livelihood for 30 or so people (including my father, 3 uncles, brother, sister, 2 cousins and husband).
- 61 years ago, he finished his education by completing the 9th grade (at age 17), and now most of his grandkids have a college degree (and 2, including myself, moved on to graduate school).
It's truly amazing what he has set in motion - I think very few people are capable of leaving such a mark on the world. God bless him, my grandma and Russ. I'm sure they are together in that 3 bedroom apartment in the sky.
No comments:
Post a Comment