Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter 2011


Saturday was absolutely gorgeous, making for a perfect, albeit windy, Easter egg hunt in Red Oak. Derek, Steve and Matthew went early to help set up. Gloria and I followed much later after Grant had his morning nap.

Photobucket
Daddy and Grant during the egg hunt

Grant had to eat during the egg cracking, but his daddy did make sure he celebrated. This also meant that mama missed out on the fun of chasing down folks. I especially like getting the rookies. Part of Derek's family was there this year for the first time, so I'm sad I missed chasing them down. Karl can't be that fast - too bad he missed out on confetti in his pants! My mom made over 50 dozen confetti eggs this year. Thankfully, the wind helped with the clean up quite a bit!
Photobucket
Grant listening to the Bereuter Band playing Rage and sleeping on his girlfriend Susie. It was very windy and he insisted on napping in the wind.

On Easter Sunday, we played catch up around the house. I took 2 naps - I was so tired. Derek and Grant worked in a nap also:


We worked in a family trip to the grocery store, which was unnecessarily expensive because we were (a) hungry and (b) pregnant (only me - don't worry). The grocery store was a test for Grant because it's the time of day when he just wants to be held. I'm not sure who - but someone failed and I ended up carrying him around the grocery store most of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment