Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend update

Friday after work, Grant and I skinny dipped in the pool. Well - one of us anyway. The forecast called for cooler weather, so I wanted to make sure we got in some good pool time!

On Saturday we met up with Lorena for brunch. But we were early, so we POPPED in on Wild Bill. Bill was holding Abby and I said "You look so much like your dad." Everyone was confused since Abby is not a mini-me of Derek, but I was actually talking to Billy! 4 seconds later, Abby was basically leaping back into my arms... apparently so she could throw up on me.

We had a great time catching up with Lolo! I love that she always make time to see my family (even when she doesn't have much time). After brunch, I stayed home with napping babies and Derek went to pick up Kennedy.

Kennedy baby sat while we went to see Baby Daxon! He is precious! Then we had some time before meeting up for Erin's birthday dinner! So we pre-partied with Bill at Chill.
Erin's birthday dinner was perfect! I loved catching up with family. Unfortunately, while I was catching up, I was overserved. I may have had the most fun!

So Sunday, I figured "hair of the dog" and I joined my girlfriends at DISH for bottomless mimosas at our Second Sunday Brunch Bunch! Not that we haven't seen each other often, but I still felt like I had a lot to catch up on with them too!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sunday evening we grilled chicken and I made some stuffed grilled bell peppers that were SO good! Something I'd never done before. So of course my excellent eater (Grant) ate nothing.

After dinner Grant entertained himself (and us) by putting on Derek's boots, walking around to show us, then taking them off and putting on Derek's flip flops. And on and on.
I decided to try to lay Abby down while she's still awake. I figure it's about time she put herself to bed. She didn't make a peep. I tried again tonight - same thing. My baby is getting so big! (I say that with a pout).

1 comment: