Sunday, August 18, 2013

Matchy match

I admit it. I get my kicks by dressing my kids alike. And Abby like me.

Example #1 -
I fell in love with the Seahorse Chinos at J.Crew and got a pair for myself. On my way out of the mall, I saw them in Crew Cuts. So - now Abby has a pair of seahorse shorts. It breaks all of my rules for clothes. My rules are:

1. Rely mostly on handouts.
2. If you must buy, single digits only. The only exception to this is dresses (since they are both a top and a bottom), which can be a max of $15 instead of $9. Abby's Easter dress was $15 at Sam's. 2 weeks later, I saw the SAME dress at Nordy's on sale. The sale price there was $30. Seriously?!?
3. Save gift cards for special occasions. Every year my kids' Christmas outfits are a gift from a gift card the previous Christmas.

So $30 on a single pair of shorts broke all the rules. As it turns out, I may get my money's worth. These are pretty fancy - they include elastic and buttons inside the waist band that will allow for some growth.... or so I tell myself.
Example #2 -
Matching PJs!! I'm in love with the Leveret line, and I can't resist stocking up when they are on Zulily. Bumble bees, Fire Trucks, Monkeys, Christmas PJs (although that should only be a half credit - I think that's pretty normal and less on the crazy side. Oh and these were from Target, not Zulily.)... and that's just the tip of the iceburg. We also have trains, lawn mowers, race cars, Sports, and for the fall/winter when the kids have grown a little, turtles, moons, and pink/blue. Zulily makes it so easy by having so many options in infant and toddler sizes. Right now they are in 18-24 months (Abby) and 4T (Grant).

Example #3 -
Matching swimsuits

Example #4 -
Coordinating dinosaur shirts (another Zulily find)

Example #5 -
Halloween costumes

Example #6 -
With the examples above, you may find this hard to believe. But this was totally an accident!

On vacation, Andrew (yes, a 4 year old) commented that "Grant and Abby like to match." I know it's a problem. And the only prescription is more cowbell.

No comments:

Post a Comment