Friday, November 29, 2013

November Insta-good

I started off the month pet-sitting for a friend. Derek was in and out (mostly out) for the weekend since a friend was in town and they went to the Vikes v. Cowboys game. PJ was generally good but not used to sharing toys with kiddos! Abby loved chasing him for kisses.
While the dogs were at home, Derek and I went to a fundraising dinner thanks to a table sponsorship by my employer. The dinner benefited Cornerstone Ranch, a home for special needs adults. There was also an art auction, but we didn't win anything. :(
The next weekend we celebrated some neighbors (and parents of Grant's best bud) 40th bdays. Oh darn - I don't have any photos.

Mid month, Derek had to work Saturday morning. It was overcast but still great weather, so I took the kids to Casey's Clubhouse in Grapevine. We got there at 8am and we were the first ones there. This is normally a scary-busy park, so we took full advantage.

The spiral staircase to one of the slides reminded me so much of St. Peter's!
That same day, after the kids napped, we headed over to Logan's 5th birthday party. Bounce house fun!!!
Matthew came over for a bit that evening. Grant loved playing with his oldest cousin! Before he arrived, I found my crew outside looking at stars.
That Sunday was unusually warm. I mean - 85 or 90 in the middle of November. After naps, we walked to Sonic for ice cream, then walked to Tom Thumb for groceries. It was about 3.5 miles round trip. We also found a woman's wallet that had been stolen. Derek returned it to her (thanks Google) once we got home.
I walked a few of our job sites to see what my job is really about (I had yet to see one of our signature products). Several employees from another office were in town, so it was great to get to know them also.
Cartoons in bed with us on a Saturday morning:
My favorite boy in the whole wide world:
Although he was pretty scared of the fire! I enjoyed the fire and the view of the freshly-painted fireplace!
Abby asked to go potty, but she just wanted to stand in front of the potty like Bubba. I was sure I had a long weekend ahead of me.
This long weekend, just like last year, is all about potty training. That's a whole post by itself, but I loved this shot of a bare bottom, remote, Mickey and the rug rolled up out of the way. Not pictured: all the juice I was feeding her to get her to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment