Sunday, December 1, 2013

The potty post

You probably don't care about this, but, funny enough, I do! We spent the weekend potty training Abby. Here's a summary:

Friday - Day 1 -
Just like we did with Grant, we went pantless for Day 1 and used juice to reinforce right & wrong through repetition. Also just like with Grant, the day was all about me and my potty trainee. Derek and Grant were kicked out so she wouldn't be distracted. I rolled up the living room rug, which was good because she went all over the living room in the morning. We had zero success in the morning. But I was getting good signs. Like she would sit in my lap to watch a show, but then she'd move and I'd look down to see she had moved to make sure she didn't pee on me. After her nap, we rounded the curve. She went for the first time at 3:22 pm, then every 15-20 minutes. After her first success, there was only 1 accident.
Saturday - Day 2 -
Just like we did with Grant, we added underwear on Day 2. She didn't have any real accidents - but she would tell us "potty" after a little trickle, then we'd rush to the potty for her to finish. On Day 1 and Day 2, she pooped during nap/night time (we used diapers during these times), so we didn't get a chance to work on that. In the evening, we had friends over who have 2 boys the same age as ours. There were lots of distractions, but she still did really well.
Sunday - Day 3 -
Just like we did with Grant, we were ballsy and took a trip to Red Oak. No accidents in the car, but she was pretty distracted while we were there. She had 1 little trickle before she got to the potty. And she crapped her pants - twice. But the highlight was at home before dinner. She had been tooting, so we went to try, but it was only #1. Since I'd cleaned up 2 poopy panties, I let her go pantless. She sat with her daddy awhile, then went to play in the front room with Grant. 5 minutes later, she came back and handed her poop to her daddy! Obviously as the "chosen one" he got to clean her up - bath and all!
All in all, I would say she's potty-trained. She needs to go about once per hour. And #2 will come in time, I'm sure we just need more practice!

My facebook post on Friday said "I'm dreaming of a diaper-less Christmas," and I'm confident I'll have it this year! Good thing too - we only had about 3 diapers left (other than night diapers which are sticking around for a bit).

1 comment:

  1. Henry might be 10 before he is potty trained. This seems awful to me....only because nothing about my life is scheduled and this seems to be the ultimate schedule (every hour) combined with poop accidents!? My worst nightmare(s).....

    ReplyDelete