Friday - Grant never peed on the potty. He peed outside though lots of times. It was in the 70's, so it worked out pretty well. He would tell me "I made a big snake!" or "Look at that froggy!" (he went on the concrete, not on the grass). The excessive applejuice made him too hyper to nap. I learned my lesson though and started cutting him off before sleeping the rest of the weekend (leading me to wonder "Who is training whom?!", which I pondered all weekend. My dad says it'll be like that the rest of his life. Great.). He was bare-bottomed all day. Pretty much all day, we tried every 10 minutes. I kept rags and Resolve handy... and I needed it. He peed about 5-6 times on the floor - maybe more. He pooped on the driveway. But by the end of the day, I could tell he was getting used to the idea of holding it, trying, then going back to playing.
Sunday - We went to Grandma Rose and Papa's house. Grant stayed dry both to and from (it's almost 1 hour). YEAH! We stopped feeding him juice and just let him drink when he was thirsty. This let us stretch potty trips to every 30 minutes by the end of the day. He pooped in his underwear, but didn't have ANY other accidents!!
Grant is sleeping in a pull-up, but he knows he is done with diapers. I've heard from several moms that the poop thing is normal (even MEL had trouble and he was speaking
French at age 2 - by some accounts anyway). Tomorrow will be his first day back to daycare, so I think it's normal to have some hiccups. I'm pretty darn proud though.
As for his "style", he's a sitter indoors and a stander outdoors. He faces out (my grandma trained her 8 boys sitting down & facing the potty). He uses one of these, which Derek installed on Wednesday night. We took one of these to Grandma Rose and Papa's house, which I ordered specifically because it doesn't have this weird lip on the front that most do (and reviewers are usually critical of the lip for little boys since it can get in the way).
No comments:
Post a Comment