Sunday, August 1, 2010

2 months old

Grant is now 2 months old! I really want to start taking monthly photos to update along with monthly stats. We go to the doctor on Tuesday morning, so I will update with stats and how he handled the shots then. According to the Wii, Grant is now 11 pounds, 14 ounces. We'll see how close that really is. He's still in Size 1 diapers, and I don't see that changing any time soon... especially because we bought 252 of them at Sam's today! (They are Size 1-2, so I'm sure we're safe). We spent the better part of Saturday over at the Dacuses'. The highlight of the party (besides the smores bars) was a new frisbee game. I reffed the game all night since it would be impossible to play while holding a baby, and even I had fun reffing! The game involves a beer can on a post, a frisbee, and it must be played with a drink in one hand. I really couldn't tell you anything else about it. That's how good of a referee I was! Family shot from that evening (Grant is exactly 2 months old)!And a fun "hold the camera out, take a quick pic of yourself" shot of me holding G-Unit in the backpack:
Grant decided to put us to the test on Saturday - and we passed! First, we wanted to pack everything he needed for bed, so we took his pajamas, swaddler and the baby monitor. I also knew that I would need to pump while we were out (so much faster to give him a bottle & pump... plus I wanted to drink). So we had all of that gear (to pump and clean up the parts - becoming a pro at that, though, now that I'm pumping at work).

While I was rinsing the pump parts, Derek came rushing into the bathroom. Grant had a blowout! Chase and Clint recommended stripping him down and wiping his butt in the grass like a dog... thankfully Derek didn't listen to them. We put down a changing pad and went through LOTS of wipes and a change of clothes. Thankfully, I had listened to Mary and packed 2 changing pads because the first one got a little dirty. If we were in a bind, we could have continued to use it throughout the evening, but we were prepared and didn't have to!

Today was pretty laid back. We did make our way out to Stonebriar mall. I took a picture for some teenage girls with a young man - turns out he was JC from the Kidd Kraddick morning show. Oh - and someone named Demi Lovato?! was there. I am clearly old because I don't know either of them. Maybe I just listen to The Ticket too much.

Grant had a meltdown when we were about to leave, but thankfully we had parked at Nordstrom. I ducked into the "Mother's Lounge", changed him and fed him in privacy (on their comfy couch), and then we were good for one more stop (Sam's). After the next feeding, we tried out the pool. We will be trying that again soon - with better timing next time!

I inventoried my breastmilk over the weekend. I have 217 ounces. Grant eats about 30 ounces a day, so that's only 1 weeks' worth of milk, and yet it seems to fill our freezer. I'm pretty proud of it (clearly). I still seem to be producing more than he needs, but now I can make it until 5 or 6am before I HAVE to pump.

1 comment:

  1. Glad I could be of assistance! You're looking GREAT by the way!

    ReplyDelete