I've had 2 kids under 2 at home the past 3 days. Grant had a little fever Sunday night, so he stayed home on Monday. All meals went well and we even got out and about twice - Babies R Us in the morning and to the mall in the afternoon (a successful double stroller outing). While Abby slept, Grant and I played outside with bubbles and chalk. It was a great day!
On Tuesday morning, Grant's fever spiked to 101. The weather was much cooler, which always makes things more difficult. We all went to the doctor at 9 am (diagnosis - bronchioitis and double ear infection). But that was also the same time Abby needed to eat. I took a bottle, but she wasn't eating well. We packed up, drove through the pharmacy and then headed home. Grant fell asleep on the way home (which is unusual given the short distance) and Abby did too. So I just drove around a bit.
Once we got home, it was nothing but a juggling act. I didn't eat lunch until 2:30 and didn't get a bath until after Grant was in bed. Grant turned into a pumpkin at 5 pm - the kind of pumpkin that wants to sit on his mama's hip or lap (Dada just wouldn't do). To top it off, Abby was up a lot during the night.
So I guess there are good days, then there are Tuesdays.
Hello world!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment