
Abby is one month today. According to the Wii she is 10 lbs. She just moved into Size 1 diapers (mostly because I refused to waste any of the Newborn size we had - she really should have moved out of them earlier). She has out grown a few newborn outfits but not many. She has out grown the newborn cap from the hospital. When Grant was 4 weeks old, he was 9.7 pounds so they are pretty much the same size.
Nights are still hit and miss. We TRY to keep her up in the evening so that she sleeps better but ultimately she's the boss. Sometimes she just can't stay awake! Most nights she will go one long stretch (5 hours between feeding/4 hours of sleep), then go right back to sleep for 3 hours.
Last week she was so congested that she slept in her car seat but she's in her crib most of the time now at night. Sometimes she (ok - I) needs to sleep on mama's chest though. It's pure bliss. And naps have been anywhere - car seat, vibrating chair, bassinet, crib, or on me/in my arms.
She's eating about 3.5 ounces at a time. Feeding is also hit and miss - anywhere between 2 and 3 hours. Just when you think "Ok - I guess today she wants to eat every 2 hours," she'll then go 3 hours. And sometimes she doesn't finish her bottle - you'd think that means she'd eat sooner but that's not the case!
Abby has been out and about quite a bit. She took her first ballet class at 15 days old. With Grant, I would leave class if he was fussy, but I managed to stay for the entire class with Abby - even if it meant doing adagio with her in my arms! She has been to my parents', Big Gaga's, Jill's, Erin's and Cat's houses. She had her photo with Santa. She's been to Angelos and Hard 8 Barbeque.
I have 73 ounces of milk in the fridge/freezer now. Getting ahead is sort of an addiction. With Grant I had 82 ounces by now and I have a bizarre need to compete with myself.
Grant has done GREAT with his sister. He gently touches her forehead and says "AWWW", then kisses her on the back of the head. It melts your heart!
He was trying to do this even when she was in the vibrating chair, which ended up with him practically on top of her, but we've gotten him to give her kisses from the back of the chair now. In the past few days, he's been so kind as to give her a pacifier... but it's never the right end and it's always when she's quiet. We've been telling him "Baby only needs that when she's crying" so we'll see if/when he understands that one!
No comments:
Post a Comment