We’ve been trying to get Grant to say some funny things. “I like turtles” is pretty high up on Derek’s list. But Grant rarely chooses to say “turtle” (we know he can – he’s just stubborn), and stringing those 3 words together just hasn’t happened yet.
He can actually say “Hello Gov’nuh” pretty well. The “hello” is clear and so is the G sound. The rest just kinda gets thrown away, but Derek and I can hear it.
Next up on our “it’d be funny if we could Grant to say this” list is teaching him that a duck says “Aflac”. That’s pretty challenging too.
I think this inspiration for having someone innocent say something funny comes from my aunt Wanda. When she was young the doctors said she was “mentally retarded,” but that would surely be “special needs” in today’s PC world. Her siblings trained her to say funny things – my family knows them well, but I won’t repeat them here. She loved getting a laugh from these bits.
Any suggestions for funny bits to teach my new talker?
Hello world!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment