Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Weekend recap

This weekend I was flying solo with the kiddos! It went smoothly, but I missed Derek in the mornings. Abby is still an early riser, so my cute little alarm clock got me up at 4am and 5am on Saturday and Sunday. When Derek is home, he gets up with Grant and I get a little extra sleep, but I didn’t have that luxury this weekend and never got back to sleep after Abby’s early morning feeding. The stars DID aligned just right on Sunday though and I got a ONE HOUR NAP!

Saturday was gorgeous. During Grant’s nap, I tried a new recipe that is a knock off of Chick-fil-a’s nuggets. I wanted to do a practice round before the party on Sunday. They were delicious!!!

After Grant’s nap we went to the park and I tried to take a few photos of the kids. Grant, however, had to keep telling me about the DOG that was barking in a backyard across the creek and the SKY.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Because Abby needed a nap and I needed coffee, we took a road trip to the world’s finest Wal-mart (with a Dunkin inside). My kids were the most well-behaved in the store. But the competition wasn’t tough – I didn’t have to throw a screaming child over my shoulder like 2 other parents in the store did. I also bribed Grant with Munchkins (donut holes).

Sunday was pretty laid back – I got to nap during Grant’s nap, then we headed outside to play. Just as we got set up, Abby woke up so I nursed in the garage while Grant and Lola played. It’s actually a great set up (we have a rear-facing garage)! Don’t judge me.
Photobucket

I set the DVR for the Red Carpet and straightened up for my annual Oscar’s party! Grant really wanted to sit in my lap while I was rocking Abby, so we made it work. I hope he wasn’t scarred by the Praying Mantis (Giuliana Rancic). *Lolly’s observation, but I totally agree.*

Derek got home at 6, just in time for me to start cooking for the party. Most of the guests were there at 7 and we drank wine, chatted and watched the show in between. I don’t have any photos and probably couldn’t post them even if I did – we had several (intentional) nip slips just like J-Lo (but because of nursing and not some uber-expensive dress).

Sunday night Abby slept like a CHAMP until 6:30 am. So imagine my surprise when my sleep was interrupted… by my husband! His eye was swollen and he had bites on him. Still not sure why but it’s gone now. Of course it made me itch just being in bed so I slept worse than usual even though Abby was being a rock star.

I got excited about Abby sleeping 9 hours with a more normal wake time. Or at least I thought I was. This morning she was up at 4:30 am and ended up falling asleep on me. I gladly laid back down to rest with her on my chest and relished in the fact that I can still do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment