I'm kind of in love with my Vera Bradley "Get Carried Away" Tote.
The bag was a Christmas gift from another attorney in my office. He got one for all the ladies in the office (sounds like a lot - but there are only 3 of us). It's a homerun with all of us.
I use the bag everyday. It fits my breast pump, my insulated bag of bottles/milk, my purse, my lunch, my laptop and mouse and several other items (Abby's milk that I take to Julie's, Grant's shoes when I forget to put them on before leaving, etc.). If you ever find yourself carrying several bags, you need to put them down, go get this bag and put all your other bags in here. Right now.
Mine is in the Rhythm and Blues print - I actually like other prints better, but it was a gift and since I use it every day to come work with the person that gave it to me, exchanging it for a different print wasn't thinkable.
If you will ever have to pump at work, you need this bag. People KNOW that black bag holds your pump and this is a great way to hold all 14 bags you will find yourself carrying to work and discreetly hide your Medela pump bag.
The bag is cloth so it can be washed easily. It has extra support on the bottom for heavy items. And it has an extra wide strap on the arm. I don't know how, but the end result is a remarkably LIGHT load (even with the laptop). MUCH lighter than carrying everything in separate bags - probably because my briefcase has a vastly inferior design.
This weekend we put it to use too. We carried our picnic lunch and all diaper bag goodies in it on Saturday. And on Sunday we stuffed it full of blankets and clothes for photos, plus standard diaper bag items. I discovered this weekend that 2 (out of the EIGHT interior pockets) are lined with plastic so they are waterproof. This is perfect because we ALWAYS leave the house with a sippy cup and a bottle but the usual diaper bag only has ONE place for a bottle/sippy.
Basically this bag could be all things to all people. 8 interior pockets, 4 exterior, a solid design that makes your heavy load lighter and a zipper to keep everything in. The other women in my office use it for weekend trips, but this bag gets every day use for moms and other people that leave the house in the morning with bags packed for several different things. If you're a mom, you definitely need this bag. If you have to grab a gym bag, plus lunch, plus a change of clothes for happy hour, plus you have to return a dish to a friend - but you're NOT a mom, you still need this bag.
I'm so in love with this bag that it's amazing I hadn't posted about it yet. Sigh.... ok - infomercial is done now.
Hello world!
7 years ago
I have that exact same bag in Night and Day. It was a birthday gift to myself. Love it!
ReplyDelete