Sunday, November 18, 2012

Catching up

Just a photo dump of the past few weeks. I haven't blogged in a long time!

On November 8, we had our first puke experience. Grant though (at 2 and a half) has stayed puke-free. Abby came home from daycare after puking twice, came home and puked once, but then was fine. The next day I stayed home with her and did a good deal of this (and paid dearly for it 2 days later):
Even though she seemed better, we still went to the doc on the 9th. She got her 2nd dose of the flu shot (long overdue) and we got some anti-nausea medicine that I gave to Grant the next day. At the doctor's office:
My parents dropped in after a Grandparents' lunch with Matthew too. Abby showed off her walking skills.
Grant seemed tired and didn't have an appetite, but he didn't ever puke. He came and cuddled with me in the morning (Derek wasn't home - he was enduring the stomach bug while he was deer hunting). Our kids are basically NEVER in our bed and when they are, they are usually jumping and playing. So I enjoyed the rare cuddles.
Playing in the back yard that same weekend:
Love how that "donkey butt" stretches out the heart on these tights!
Getting some much-needed exercise (everyone tells us Lola is fat)!
This past weekend was the weekend before Thanksgiving. The Adolphs had us all over for Friendsgiving. Not-so-surprisingly, we were the first ones to show up. Love this shot -nice table, booze for adult hot chocolate, and a sippy cup. That's how we roll.
My babies:
Grant still eats the toddler fruit/veggie thingies. He loves them. No matter what kind they are, they are all "applesauce" to him.
Fall!! What is she eating here?! I'm hoping it was a leaf - that's the best case scenario.
Lolly took this shot (and several others). I stopped her when she said "That was a good one of you." It was clear that Abby wasn't going to cooperate anyway.
Lolly and Henry. How does she keep her pregnancy glow even in motherhood?! Seriously - she's beaming! Please note - she is NOT pregnant. She was drinking wine. Plus Henry is only 8 months (I know he looks bigger - his parents are both over 6 feet, so he's off the charts). Not that there's anything wrong with getting pregnant with an 8-month old! ;)
Thankfully Grant warmed up to Gus and Oliver (the dogs) rather quickly. But then he got tired and I had a whiney child at my feet. Totally normal to take a photo of that, right?
Both kids went down (in the same room too) without a peep. We enjoyed hot chocolate by the fire pit and talking about license plates and mortgage rates. Yep. Interesting group of friends we have, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment