We had a great time this weekend. Here's what we were up to:
Friday evening Grant got a new 'do:

After he was tucked in, there was an impromptu celebration with wine and 2 of my favorite gals. Oh how I needed some girl time!
Saturday, Derek got up and headed out to the Foam Fest 5K. I had fun at home by cooking, doing laundry, oh - and taking care of 2 munchkins. Abby was a sleepy head all day, so it wasn't that hard!

Derek got home battered and bruised. When the kiddos got up from their naps, we headed out to Nathan and Lauren's engagement party. There was enough food to feed 200 people, live music and absolutely perfect weather. The kids even behaved themselves and we didn't get blood anywhere when Grant's nose started bleeding. WIN!

But a headache took me down about 5. I just couldn't operate. We came home and I laid down at 6:30. I got up when the kiddos went wild and I could tell Derek needed a hand (I wasn't sleeping, just couldn't function with light and noise)!
Daylight savings time (and the monster headache) threw me off, so I got up about 5:30 after laying in bed forever. I cooked a little and had the kitchen clean before anyone else was up!
Mike, Joyce, Kennedy and Karl came over - it was Mike's birthday!! We cooked out pork chops (yummmm) and watched football.



After the kiddos woke up from naps, we went to Jump For Fun for Logan's birthday.

Check out this girl on releve

We were headed home and decided to pop in on the Hoffmans. But when we turned into their neighborhood, we saw them playing at the park. So we played for about 20 minutes before they had to go.



Grant wasn't ready to stop playing outside - he wanted to ride his bike. We played outside some, then played with other kiddos in the neighborhood.

Abby passed out pretty early (6:45ish), but Grant was being good so he got to stay up a little late and play.
Can you tell that I was using a new camera lens on Sunday? Karl is letting me test drive it - I'm falling in love one click at a time! I mean look at this girl - so precious even in terrible light!
No comments:
Post a Comment