Green Bean Casserole – Good, but Derek didn’t like it until the second day. I liked it, but it takes 3 pans to cook, so I doubt I’ll repeat it.
Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes – Meh. If you really NEED the stove space, these will work. Actually, if you need oven space, you can make PW’s Mashed Potatoes ahead of time too and just pop in the oven.
Bourbon Balls – WOW. Derek really liked these, but they were like a shot of bourbon every bite. My batter wasn’t holding just right (I made 2 batches), so with one of them, which was too goopy, I added peanut butter to firm it up. With the second batch (too crumbly), I added maple syrup. According to Derek, they were both good, but I would stay away if you’re not a fan of bourbon.
Actually, I just compared this bourbon ball recipe to the one I actually used, and the recipe I used was much stronger. I think the recipe above would be better.
We went the easy route and did a ham instead of a turkey. My MIL and FIL and Karl joined us. Grant loved eating off of Papa’s plate but didn’t care too much for his own. Abby threw up a handful of stuffing when she was full. Lola gladly cleaned it up.
After lunch, the kiddos napped and we all watched some football. After naps, we got to visit with Donnie, Susan, Katie and Karl (yep – again!) for a little. It was nice to have some conversation to distract us from the Cowboys.
Abby watching Grant play before lunch:





No comments:
Post a Comment