Here is Grant sleeping in his "straight jacket." This product, SwaddleMe, is so great - Grant goes to sleep so quickly in it. We started using this just this past week. This should have made my post about things you need for a newborn, but it's in plenty of books and lists so I excluded it from my list.
And here is Grant on the day he was 6 weeks old (Monday, July 12). We had fun with some tummy time. Not pictured is Lola trying to play with us when we are on the floor - and licking Grant's feet.
I managed to get a decent shot of a "grin". This isn't his full smile. There's no mistaking the smeyez (Jill - how do you spell that?).
Now, about that arm! I had a doctor’s appointment yesterday with Dr. Krishnan at the Carrell Clinic. He took an x-ray of my arm and evaluated me with his team of doctors. The Carrell Clinic runs like a well-oiled machine. I’ve never seen a doctor’s office like it – 42 patient rooms and 2 x-ray rooms. The short version is that my suprascapular nerve is entrapped. Because this has been ongoing so long (at least since January - but I thought the pain was pregnancy-related), I have significant weakness in my muscles. He recommended surgery, sooner rather than later, so I will have this surgery on August 6th. He likened the surgery to carpal tunnel surgery, but for the shoulder instead of the wrist.
The recovery is simple - sling for 1 day, followed by some physical therapy. You can be back at work the next day. He did say that you can only lift 2 pounds with that arm (my left) immediately after surgery. That should be interesting with my 11-pounder that is attached to me in one way or another the entire time I'm home!
I'm confident that this will make me better, and I'm soooo ready to have full use of both of my arms again! His success rate is 97% with the surgery, with 90% of his patients having equal arm strength in both arms within 6-12 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment