Thursday, July 22, 2010

What kind of parent...

What kind of parent sends her child to school in his pajamas?! This one.

Today was Grant's first day of daycare. I wanted to have a few practice runs before I start back to work (but not too many). I'm so glad that I did! I packed his bag last night, got his milk ready and labeled everything - only to wake up this morning thinking "I forgot a pacifier!!" I put 2 pacis in the bag for good measure.

I had my morning schedule planned based upon the 9 hours Grant has been giving me every night - but last night he only slept 7.5 hours. I was already up pumping, so it was either stay up for the rest of the day to stay on "my plan" (4:15am wake time) or try to get a little sleep in after putting him back down. I picked more sleep!! (Not much, mind you... by the time Grant went down, Derek was getting up. I think I got an extra 30 minutes in). Basically, instead of doing it MY way, we did it GRANT'S way. He's the boss!! I loaded him up and got him to school by 8am.

After I dropped him off, I went to get a massage. I can't even begin to tell you how good this was for my shoulder!! When I got home, I logged on to the day care's web cams & have stalked it all day long.

I intended to get about 400 things done today, but instead got very little done. This pumping in between everything makes for a very unproductive day!

I also intended to get a pic of Grant's first day of school, but didn't do that either. It was quite a frenzy to get the paperwork in, get his drawer set up, & talk to the teachers... all right in the middle of the morning rush. I had even planned to change him out of his pajamas at daycare (he was asleep when I loaded him up in the car) - but didn't do that because one of the teachers was feeding him - you can't take a man away from his milk! So, yes - Grant's first day was in his pajamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment