Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sick boy

Grant was sick last week. He was sent home from daycare on Monday after he had 3...umm... dirty diapers before 9 a.m. He had a stomach bug, but never acted sick. His appetite was really off the entire week but he played like a champ.

I stayed home with him last Monday - I caught him being "sneaky" with some leftover yogurt. He liked reaching something that was supposed to be off limits.
Photobucket

He now knows the word "monkey" - when you ask him where the monkeys are, he wants both sock monkeys from his crib and his big monkey that Santa brought him.

His favorite activities over the past few weeks have been playing ball with Lola, playing with lightswitches and banging the drop down portion of his crib. He knows he's not supposed to bang the furniture, and I swear, every time he's just testing his limits.


After he recovered from that stomach bug, we had 1 good weekend day. We played at the park!
Photobucket
Photobucket
I just love those BLUE eyes!
Photobucket

Grant had a fever of 100.3 on Sunday. Even after Tylenol and IB Profin, he still had a fever. Of course, this carried over to Monday, so Derek took him to the doc. He was diagnosed with an ear infection. It's his first. For an almost 15 month old daycare baby, I think that is really good! After 2 days of medicine, he was better and returned to daycare. I think he liked staying home with Daddy.

He was feeling better on Wednesday, which was good. Derek had a fantasy football draft that evening. While he was at the draft, several of us girls got together for a potluck. My contribution was brownies and ice cream. Grant waited patiently while Derek picked up the ice cream for us.

*Sigh* Adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment