Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend fun

A quick weekend wrap up:

Friday - we grabbed a burger with the Dacuses then came home and played Quirkle for the first time while watching Jersey Shore. I had seen pieces of the show before (probably on Chelsea Lately) but never a whole show - I understand now how it sucks you in!

Saturday - RAIN!!! I could hear it raining as soon as I woke up. I hoped it would last long enough for Grant to play in once he woke up, and I lucked out.
Photobucket

After a "big house breakfast", the boys went to visit Derek's parents. They saw the animals and drove up to Grant, Oklahoma. I'll update later with photos when I am able to steal Derek's phone.

While they were out and about, I worked on blog books. I am adding in photos (including a ton that Jesse took) as I go along, so it's taking a while! I finished and ordered my Pregnancy Blog Book (Sept. 09 - May 10), and I'm about halfway done with Grant's first year! I'm actually at the point where I switched my blog to a wider format and started using photobucket. This apparently creates some problems, so I'll be working through that over the next few days. If I can't come up with an easy method, I'll be switching back to smaller photos and abandoning photobucket.

After dinner, Grant had a cupcake (and a bath).
Photobucket

Sunday - In the morning we played in the pool. We tried out the puddle jumper after my cousin Mary raved about it. Review: This will probably be better next summer. Grant still face planted in it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Grant took a short nap in the morning, then barely ate! He normally eats at least this much (and then asks for "moh")

so when he only ate a few grapes, yogurt, no strawberries and no oranges, I knew we were in trouble. Sure enough, about 30 minutes later, he threw up. He never ran a fever and played all day just fine. He got a little bit of an appetite again at dinner (but who could possibly refuse PW's Chicken Spaghetti?!). He also woke up crying at 11:30pm. He let me rock him, read to him in the dark and even sing This Old Man. He let me get all the way to 10 and I remembered not that long ago, 10 wasn't enough!

I'll definitely call and check on him at day care today. Update - at 8am, daycare called saying Grant has diarrhea. Update - at 9am, Grant had 3 diarrhea diapers, so he came home with me. He had a low fever (99.2) at the doctor's office, where they said it's a virus that will just run its course.

All in all, a good weekend. Nothing too exciting but my favorite type of weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Keep working on the puddle jumper. It's amazing how quickly they figure out how to keep themselves upright, but it does take some practice. Within about 4 or 5 times of using it he will be much better and won't drink nearly as much pool water. But yes, he'll be able to use it for several years!

    ReplyDelete