Monday, May 7, 2012

Brown bagging it

I've been counting calories for the past 3 months, and I'm actually BELOW my pre-baby weight! I just realized this is a daily part of my life that I've never put into blog form, so here I am - documenting my diet!!

I am by no means "strict". I really just use My Fitness Pal and track my calories. I exceed the recommended fat and carb intake EVERY SINGLE DAY, but it's still working!! About 90% of the time, I check out nutritional info before heading out to eat. But even that is pretty rare because...

My wallet went on a diet too! Paying for 2 children in child care is not cheap and we have big lofty goals, none of which include going broke. Or looking up one day and wondering WHERE exactly did our paychecks go?! Not to mention the fact that taking 2 kiddos out to eat is almost always a disaster. We've had ONE good outing, and the rest end up with one of us eating and the other tending to a child, then swapping and/or one leaving early with the kids. Grant was a great baby to take out to eat, but Abby doesn't like her car seat. And now that Grant's almost 2, all bets are off between 6 & 8 pm.

So by watching calories and dollars, I end up eating at my desk about 4 days/week. And you know what?! That means I get more done and leave the office before 6!! And get to see more of my babies!!

Conclusion - packing a lunch = more $, less lbs, and more time with the family.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Congrats on your weight loss! I am so jealous...I can't seem to get rid of these last 7 pounds! Last time I didn't get back to my pre-preggo weight until I stopped nursing...but by then I was 8 weeks pregnant with Kate, so I quickly gained it back. :)

    ReplyDelete