Wednesday, March 10, 2010

And the winner is...

This Sunday I hosted my annual Oscars party. It's pretty ironic that I host this every year since I don't really care for movies at all. It's a fun girls' night though! We usually dress up in bridesmaid dresses/thrift store finds and walk the red carpet, but this year we just wore PJs. I took this pic at the end of the night after a lot of the crowd was gone (apologies to Meadow, Sunny, Carrie & Julie).
Nothing particularly exciting happened - it was just a good time with my good friends. Derek said this will be the last Oscars party, because "According to you (Sarah), we won't have a life after we have a kid." I corrected him because actually I say that we will never leave the house. But that doesn't mean friends can't come over! Of course, we'll just have to see how things pan out. When the 2011 Oscars are on, we'll have a 9-month old rugrat crawling around. That still sounds crazy to me! I think he'll need a tuxedo shirt to attend.

On Saturday, Joyce and Mike (a/k/a MIL and FIL) came down to give us some MUCH needed help in our backyard. As an added surprise, Mike had shaved his mustache!! I really like the new look!
Last year we had taken out some plants that were attracting bees to the pool, and we never replanted anything. Oh - and Mike took on the tree stump that defeated Derek the weekend prior... Mike won (with the help of a chainsaw). I'm so excited about the new backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment