About a month ago, I left some fruit that I'd brought as a snack in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, I went to eat the fruit and all the pineapple was gone. Now, I'm not very good at eating fruits and veggies, so I usually buy just strawberries and pineapple. I was hungry and had only strawberries, so I ate them.
I kinda thought our secretary may have helped herself because she liked to eat (past tense used only because she's no longer at the firm - I'm sure she still likes to eat). I mean, she would come back from lunch with more lunch - and leave her fried chicken out on her desk to smell up the whole office, but I digress. She said it wasn't her. I asked the rest of the office and they all said they didn't eat it. So, I realized I had eaten what was leftover after the cleaning crew rummaged through my fruit. Great. From cleaning toilets to poking around my food - yummy. Oh well - if nothing else, this baby is building up his immune system!
So today, the same thing happened. I had left fruit overnight (this time expanding my horizons to strawberries, pineapple and grapes), and when I get to work this morning - NO PINEAPPLE! I complained to our management company so they can pass word along to the cleaning company, but I don't expect any real results. This time, I'm not going to eat the cleaning crew's leftovers.
Our baby has been pretty active lately, which can keep me up or force me into some uncomfortable positions. Several times a day when I'm sitting at my desk, Baby Hicks karate chops/kicks/jumps around and makes me uncomfortable. If you've seen photos of pregnant women where you can see the child's foot print pressing on her belly (gross), then you have a pretty good idea of what this is like. If anyone were to watch me squirming at my desk, they would definitely think that I was crazy (or possessed). Often it helps to slouch in my chair to give him more room. Not very professional, but it certainly makes me more productive and less squirmish!
I've been working on my Martha Stewart craft project and hope to unveil my project on my blog after the shower on Saturday!
Hello world!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment