Yesterday Jill & Rach hosted a baby shower at Jill's house for Grant. Everything was absolutely perfect. Jesse was on hand to take some great pics for us, so I'll update when I get them. Jesse had also made a banner for Baby Grant and Jill had made a big G, which we now get to add to Grant's room! Meadow and Sunny gave Grant a stuffed camel and some wooden clogs from Turkey. Oh - and I got the dress for Grant to come home in. The dress has been in my family for 63 years. Grant will be the 46th child to come home in it (or 47th if Mary beats me to the punch). All the gifts were great - it's so nice to have friends that want to help you get ready for a child. But the dress and the gifts from Turkey are truly special. It's great that Grant will be part of a family tradition - and also amazing that he has aunts that think of him when they are halfway around the world.
After the shower, I went to watch my kiddos perform. I hadn't seen the dances in at least 3 months, so I had no idea what to expect. They did really well. I tried to upload videos on here, but it hasn't worked. Here are the urls if you are interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wd6ZA8gw1E, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N89CJdL0Xac.
After that, I went back to Jill's and Jill, Lolly and I ordered Chinese food and had a sleepover. I was out by 10pm! Derek and Lola stayed out at his parents'. They put up a new fence for the horses - they finished the fence about 30 seconds before the horses were delivered!
Hello world!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment