Tuesday, July 20, 2010

3 in a row

Grant has slept through the night now 3 nights in a row. 9 hours, 10 hours, and 9.5 hours, respectively. It has been sooo great! Except that my boobs aren't used to this new routine.

Weeks ago, I started pumping after Grant went a long time between feedings. This meant every morning I would feed and pump. That is how I have such a great supply in the freezer!! (165 ounces now! FYI - a gallon is 128 ounces). I may need a new "trophy case" soon.

So my body has been producing more than he needs. My boobs woke me at 3 am last night, so I got up to pump. Just as I did the previous 2 nights even though he has slept through the night. Each time I pump around 12 ounces. That's a Coke can! It is seriously painful - I feel like my skin may tear apart. And if I try to roll over and ignore it, I feel the milk move around.

I start back to work on Monday, so I need to figure out how to get rid of that Coke can sometime between now and then.

2 comments:

  1. You got to just pump a few ounces to relieve the pain, but don't pump it all out or your body will just keep making more. 12 ounces is SO much! Use cold compresses in your bra for the pain...they really help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! I really had no clue. At 4am this morning I pumped until I felt relief = 8 ounces. He slept through the night yet again - 4 in a row!!

    ReplyDelete