Friday, August 27, 2010

Ten things I'm grateful for...

Following the lead of Tessa and Rachel, I want to post about the little things - the simple blessings that make me happy!

1. Driving past cows, horses and bales of hay on my way to work. Even though the electrical lines and defunct power station kinda ruin the country feel, it's nice to day dream about a horse's life in the midst of a hectic day.

2. The sounds Grant makes when he's waking up... before the crying starts!

3. Football season

4. The license plate game that me and Derek play.

5. Seeing an old man in a suit & hat at the courthouse.

6. Having a great boss. We've been in trial all week, working long hours, yet he still thought to tell me (on more than 1 occassion) that he realizes how hard this week is on me - juggling work and baby.

7. Margaritas on a hot summer evening (or any evening)

8. Hand-me-downs from my favorite sister! Actually, I could easily come up with 10 things I'm grateful for out of the tons of gear that she's passed on to me.

9. Friends that are patient enough to endure long photo shoots with Grant or put up with harassment from my family!

10. Gooey Butter Cake!! (Thanks, Gaumy)

2 comments:

  1. Damn...I haven't thought about Gooey Butter Cake in a long, long time. Now I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great... now I'm thinking about the cake too. And I don't even know what it is!! I think I need that recipe, though :)

    ReplyDelete