Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lazy spring weekend

Friday I snuck away from the office a little early and grabbed a margarita on the patio with Derek at Mi Cocina. Spring Fever was settling in. After rita #1, I ran to pick up Grant from day care and returned for dinner. Kyle joined us too, so we had the whole family there! Grant was relatively good - so long as he had something to play with. Some of us were overserved. Some of us have bruises and scrapes and cuts from the rest of the evening that we don't remember happening. I blame it on the ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-alcohol my giddiness from Spring's arrival.

We've had the windows open and fans going most of the weekend. Grant is in heaven. He still loves fans.

I tried and tried all day yesterday to get Grant to take some steps for me. Nothing. Until Derek got home (he's pretty popular - he didn't get home until after 4 p.m.). Then Grant finally showed me he can take A step. one. Lola was in the way. She thinks when we're calling Grant to "come here", we mean her. Poor confused Lola. But I have seen ONE step, so maybe Derek wasn't making the whole thing up.

After Derek got home, we headed out to the Duck Pond for a bit.
Photobucket

I was dying to get some fresh air. This time we went close to the activity. Kids were catching turtles and perch (and releasing them). Bikes were scattered about, and it was fun to imagine us going back when Grant is running around. The wind was strong - we could occasionally feel sprinkles from the fountain. Basically, it was great!
Photobucket

At the park I noticed that Grant has 2 more teeth (on top). I'm hoping that was the cause of his sleeplessness earlier in the week. Grant has been very chatty this weekend. Still no official first word. He's been getting more and more table food. I've found that he doesn't really like bananas (refuses to eat them and struggles to eat the jarred food that has bananas mixed in it). He may be allergic to pears. This morning he had pork for the first time - bacon. He had peaches at daycare and they said he LOVED them!

Grant has taken a few more steps for me. He looks so proud when he's standing on his own and the second in between the steps and the fall. It would melt your heart.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, but you can't blame the "giddiness" on Spring's arrival, since it didn't official arrive until Sunday night (not Friday night). So I think you can blame it on the ritas!! Grant is adorable. I can't believe he is taking steps!!

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete