Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mama's boy

Grant is becoming a mama's boy, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it (most of the time anyway). He wants to hang with me whether I'm eating, brushing my teeth, washing dishes, or even going through the mail. The bad part is leaving him at day care. It started last week and has progressively gotten worse. Every time I leave, he cries and crawls to the door. heartbreaking.

There are times at home when he's in Derek's lap or they are playing on the floor and Grant starts crying and reaching for me. Sunday night, he kept coming into the kitchen and pulling up on me, crying for me while I cleaned up from our Brisket Tacos (delish!). After the fourth or fifth time, I just gave up cleaning and played until it was time for him to nap. Turns out he didn't just need to nap - he was in bed for the night at 6:45. The day before he napped for a record 2 hours. I think someone is growing!!

Derek and I have been dog-sitting a cocker spaniel pup for some friends (Bleu). I've got a post coming soon about that whole adventure. Here's a small slice:

Last night, we took the dogs for a walk and Grant joined in his stroller. what. a. mess. The biggest mistake was stopping to talk to people. When we did, the leashes got tangled and we ended up with a knot in Lola's leash (not even sure how we did that - it's the rubbery kind of leash, not fabric). Or Lola's leash got wrapped up in the wheel of the stroller... and while that was being handled, we had to keep Bleu away from adding to the chaos. We laughed (and cussed) a lot. And for all of that, we burned a whopping 60 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment