Wednesday, March 9, 2011

NO!

Grant is learning the world "no". He hears it most often when he reaches for cords or Lola's toys. Lola is also hearing the word "no" a lot. I'm sure it's confusing for both of them.

Grant didn't hear "no" at all last night though. Derek was gone, so I put together dinner while Grant played in the kitchen. He was an angel. He stayed very busy with a pan, a pitcher, and an apple in a mesh feeder. He didn't follow me around or chase after Lola and her toys. It took me a solid 30 minutes to shred a chicken and put a pot pie together. Considering his recent protest against naps, I thought he wouldn't last 10 minutes without pulling on my leg. Grant had his first boo-boo this week. He hit just below his eyebrow while pulling up on a chair at daycare. His teachers said he was continually clumsy after that (he couldn't see past the tears). It doesn't help that he's got his daddy's clumsiness either. I'm glad they called so I didn't show up to a surprise - even if my poor baby was crying in the background on the phone when they called.

I started making a 30 before 30 list. #1 on the list was to chop off my hair. I can go ahead and mark that off. My list is incomplete and may just be a 20 before 30. I'd rather have 20 good goals and not worry about 10 throw aways. I'm just thankful I've got 16 months and 29 days left before "dooms day". My sis only has 16!!! Here's the hair-cutting process:
Photobucket
And the result: Yes - chop your hair off and you too could have a cheesey, crooked smile.


I haven't had bangs since 3rd grade. And like my mom pointed out on facebook, even then I paired them with a mullet. Thanks, mom - for the initial mullet and also for never letting me forget about it! ;) The verdict: so far I love the way they look, but they really can get in the way. I DO read all day (unless I'm blogging).

No comments:

Post a Comment