I gave notice at work today. While a new opportunity is ahead for me and I am so very excited about it, right now leaving this job is just tough.
I'm going to work in house at an architecture firm. But the excitement of the offer is held at bay while I mourn the job I'm losing. I've had a great job and worked with great people. So many people are less fortunate. They do not enjoy their work or coworkers. But I've had a great boss and learned a lot from him as a mentor and friend. Others may look forward to giving notice. Not me. It was a tough day.
And the kicker?! When I told him, he reacted like my dad used to. Disappointment. It gnaws at you worse than any other reaction.
More posts soon (I'm sure) on these changes, but for now I will drown my sorrows with a glass or 3 of wine.
Hello world!
7 years ago
Such a tough transition.
ReplyDeleteHope it's not too terribly painful for you.
Keep your spirits up!
I know it's a bittersweet move for you. Change is hard. But think of all the adventures and new friendships that await you in your new job...
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
You will no doubt be missed from your current job, but I bet you will kick some serious tail at your new one!
ReplyDelete