* He has SIX teeth.
* He can take 2-3 steps before falling over into my arms.
* He can stand on his own without a problem for a long time. I haven't counted how many seconds, but he decides to sit down instead of falling over.
* He is still wearing size 4 diapers.
* At home, he has cut out one of his naps so he only naps 3 times a day now instead of 4.
* He is eating more table food. I'm getting rid of the pureed food and hope not to buy any more. He's had peaches, oranges, bananas (still not a fan), chicken spaghetti, brownies, ice cream, chicken pot pie, mac & cheese, tomato soup, yogurt (a huge favorite), scrambled eggs, blueberry muffins, and
* He seems to be talking more, and will carry on a "conversation" with us.
* He has solid poop. If you don't have a child, you have no way of knowing how great this is. We switched over to the formula for 9-24 months, and viola!! Solid poop. Diaper changes are so much easier!!
* He's a mama's boy!
* He is still not great about reading. He gets impatient or wants to eat the book. I recently found the he does enjoy turning the pages on his board books for me!
* He is still very impatient about food. As soon as he is in that high chair, he wants to EAT!! We are working on that by eating at the table more often. I love this new habit - it's becoming a rarity for us to eat in front of the TV!!
Our new adventures this month will include teeth brushing, sippy cupping, easter egg coloring, easter egg hunting and birthday party planning!! Yeah - even though he has 6 teeth, he still hasn't used a toothbrush. oops.
I've been hearing more and more from my family that Grant looks like Andrew. Maybe I just want my child to be unique, but I don't see it. What do you think? This is Andrew at 1 year and Grant at 9.5 months:

Other than blue eyes, blond hair, and that same darling expression on their faces, I just don't see it. I also see more and more Hicks in him every day. Lord help us.
CONGRATULATION!!! So happy for you. I also miscarried then had a girl (Laura) miscarried again and had a boy (Doug)!
ReplyDeleteMarlene