Friday, June 24, 2011

30 before 30

Several of my friends have 30 before 30 lists, and I've had mine in the works for some time. The problem is that - I can't think of 30 meaningful things that are possible to do in that timeframe. I refuse to fill it with fluff or things that I don't REALLY want to accomplish. So - my 30 before 30 list is a few shy of 30. I've delayed publishing it this long because I thought I at least wanted to get to 20. In the meantime, I accomplished some of the items.

Really this list isn't quite fair. I mean "finish law school" and "have 2 children" are HUGE goals that should totally count. I could easily come up with 13 other items that I accomplished in my 20s that should count, so I'm not going to rename this "17 before 30". It's still 30 before 30 - I just wanted you to know my justification (and to assure you that I can count).

So I really have 15 items left to accomplish in 1 year and 44 days. It won't be easy, especially when we're juggling 2 little ones. Here's my list:


1. Chop it off!!
Inspired by my cousin Jenna, I've decided I need a hair goal. This one is easy because I've been planning it for awhile anyway. In about a month, I'll chop off my hair and donate it to Locks of Love - again. UPDATE - I did chop off my hair. I wrote the above when I wrote my original list. I'm counting it.

2. Finish 2 stockings (Derek's and baby's)

3. Organize the office weekly
I think this may be the only way to tame the paper mess. Our office is the black hole in the house, and I'm vowing to change that!

4. Go camping
Come on FALL! Let's knock this out when it's cool and I only have 1 baby to chase around. Camping when I'm 7 months pregnant - SURE, why not!

5. Go to church once a month
Exceptions may be made for football season - God will understand.

6. Teach Grant the Lord's prayer
When I turn 30, he'll be 2 years and 2 months. Is that even old enough to say the Lord's prayer?

7. Take a family vacation
Vegas, New York, or somewhere else fabulous is calling!! UPDATE: We are going to Florida!! Trip is booked so this is almost off the list!

8. Finish our Italy scrapbook
I tried to do this before I had Grant, but other things like building a crib, shopping for baby gear, painting, etc. got in the way.

9. Make photo albums (or photobooks) every other month
I MUST get in this habit!!

10. Have a spa day with the girls

11. Go to work without makeup
I'm not sure I can accomplish this.

12. Plant a garden
Peppers, onions and tomatoes are at the top of my list… after spices. We had cilantro and basil last year - I LOVED having fresh spices (even if I didn't use them all the time)

13. Make a blog book
I need to make 1 for pre-Grant, and 1 of his first year. I LOVE my cousin Amy's!

14. Get a new fence
Ours is surely going to fall over any minute. UPDATE - The fence DID in fact fall over, and the new one is up!

15. Take 1 day off of work
I prefer to take my days off when we are traveling (and when I have to - when Grant or I are sick). I would love to take a day off and do as much or as little as I want to all day! UPDATE – I sort of did this already. On June 1, I had to see my doctor, Grant’s doctor, take my car in and get my hair done, so I took off the entire day. I want to do it again though, so it’s staying on my list!

16. Get a great pair of red heels
It's one item my wardrobe definitely needs - not too hookerish and not too uncomfortable. I've already started the hunt.

17. Take a hand-made sign to a sporting event
I want to try to get on TV!!

1 comment:

  1. I like the list, good goals to have -- my gosh you are sooooo young! :)

    I've made two blog books and absolutely love the site - blog2print- they do a really nice job. I've done a softcover of the recipes I made in 2010 and a hardcover book of my pregnancy with Grant. It is fun and nice to have a baby book that you've basically already accomplished online! If you have any questions about the site, let me know!

    ReplyDelete