Sunday, June 5, 2011

Spring Fling 2011

On Friday, our daycare had its "Spring Fling." It was 100+ degrees because it is June and it is Texas. Grant was a MESS when the festivities began. But once he had a hot dog and some milk, he felt better.

Derek tried to show Grant the splash park, but Grant wasn't interested. I tried again, this time starting Grant off at the smallest streams of water:
Photobucket

Grant thought about trying out the other areas, but ended up deciding that's best left for big kids.
Photobucket

We sort of tricked him into the biggest splash area, with Derek standing on one side and me on the other. He hated it.
Photobucket

After that, Derek and Grant went to pet the goats and pigs. Grant liked the animals MUCH more than he did the splash park.
Photobucket

Then we waited for the MAIN EVENT. Shots of Derek and Grant waiting (and petting a rabbit):
Photobucket

Then it was time for the PIE EATING CONTEST!
Photobucket

A few highlights from the video (in case you can't understand with all the cheering):
Derek - "I shouldn't have had that cobbler."
Other guy - "I can't breath!"
Derek, in response to my cheering, "I'm not throwing up."
Derek, to the other guy, "Finish it up, man."

Almost as soon as Grant was strapped in the car, he was asleep. He went straight to bed when we got home. Lately, he's been sleeping 13 hours at night. He must be growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment