Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Grant's first concert

We headed out to the Arboretum for their summer concert series to see the Spazmatics (80's cover band). This was Grant's first concert other than a few in utero (Creed, Staind, Muse and U2). We arrived, spread the blanket, cracked open our beverages, proceeded to SWEAT like crazy, and tried to entertain a 1 year old without disturbing everyone around us. It was generally a success - I mean, Grant only took one small tumble down the hill. And we also learned that a stroller is REQUIRED because the walk is FAR! Grant (and everyone around us for that matter) was very happy that we had plenty of snacks.

I was THRILLED to tell Erin, Adolph and Jill our baby's likely gender in person. There was squealing and after a few bottles of wine, they told me not to buy any clothes because they would buy all sorts of cute, lacy gear for my little girl.

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this? I didn't know you were pregnant...much less that it was a GIRL! Congrats to you! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete