Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fun Saturday

We started out this morning by playing with sidewalk chalk. Grant sampled it some, and I didn't protest. A few tastes of chalk ought to teach him that it's terrible!
Photobucket

He only drew one line with the chalk. He really enjoyed running around outside though. I got some great smiles.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I really love this next smile. It's the mischievous "I took chalk by Daddy's car" smile. The mischievous smile is second only to the tug-of-war with Lola smile. It loses out only because it's always followed by me saying "GRANT, No!"
Photobucket

Jill and Cat joined us for some pool time. Grant seemed to enjoy the watermelon.
Photobucket

Susie and Kelsey came to visit too. My poor boy was so caked in sunscreen that he required TWO baths. Kelsey helped me out, then Baby Hicks wanted some queso from Chili's (and wants it again right now. Quiet, Baby!!). A low key, but full day.

Derek returns tomorrow for his second father's day. Last year we had a 3 week old and we were just starting to figure out what it took to be parents. Derek has grown by leaps and bounds in the past year, but I think we are both still trying to figure out the whole parenthood thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment