Thursday, November 17, 2011

37 weeks

I was 37 weeks on Monday. Overall, I feel great but my feet are getting more sore (along with my shoulder - the last steroid shot did nothing for me). Sidenote - When we went to the hospital a few weeks ago, Derek said after the fact that he didn't think anything was really going on because my feet weren't swollen like they were last time with Grant!

Abigail is moving around all the time and I can actually feel the Braxton Hicks contractions (I couldn't feel them/didn't know what they felt like with Grant). It's impossible to sleep through the night without a bathroom visit (or 2) and getting much harder to focus at work! This baby is always on my mind!
Photobucket

Time is FLYING by! And so are the doctor's visits. With Grant, I had regular sonos throughout and also had those fun cervix checks weekly once I hit 36 weeks. But since Abby's 20 week sono was all clear and I'm having a repeat C-section, my doctor's visits are very brief: Urine sample, blood pressure, doppler, tape measure, signature and out the door!!

In 1 week, we will be sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner with my family at my brother's house. Last year Grant was eating baby food and I made sure he had Thanksgiving-appropriate baby food. There was a bib, a bottle, formula and lots of diaper changing! I remember staggering our eating so that Grant was always taken care of.

This year, Grant will eat everything that we eat and probably just as much. We'll all eat together too! I think I'll take the monster bib though because he is so darn messy! There will be a booster seat and I'll be saying prayers throughout the meal that he doesn't throw anything on the ground (that's Grant's sign for "all done" - real sign language just doesn't stick with him!).

I will be in elastic-waist pants giving me a huge advantage (like Joey's Thanksgiving pants from Friends - but the cuter maternity style)! Derek will probably be chasing Grant around. I know Grant will try so hard to keep up with his older cousins! Chasing will be out of the question for me - 9 months preggers and weighed down by baby and food (did I mention the beauty of elastic-waist pants during the holidays?!).

And in 2 VERY short weeks, Derek and I will be dropping Grant off to stay with Matt & Julie. It'll be his last few hours as an only child! After dropping him off, Derek and I will head to the hospital and impatiently await our time to deliver Abigail (Impatiently not only because of the excitement but also because I CAN'T EAT AFTER MIDNIGHT AND DON'T HAVE MY C-SECTION UNTIL 1:30 PM!!!).

If Abby hasn't come on her own by Sunday, I really want her to stay put until December 1st! If she's here by Sunday, we'll be out of the hospital in time to enjoy Gloria's stuffing with the family!! Can you tell how important Thanksgiving is?!

Wow - this was supposed to be just an update on pregnancy and baby. But it involves a lot of food talk (and parentheticals). I guess that's just a consequence of my "condition". Yes - pregnancy causes an over-use of parentheticals. Google it.

No comments:

Post a Comment