
My "go to" wine has become Gabbiano's Chianti. Tan label, please. It's the "middle class" of Gabbiano's Chiantis - not the fanciest and not the cheapest. Sometimes you can find it on sale for $10, but it's usually $12-13.
My secretary turned me onto this wine. Her friend from Italy (Emilio!!! I could write an entire post on him and how small the world is. Long story short - we ran into him in the streets of Florence) showed it to her while he was here in the States and said it was the table wine at one of his favorite restaurants in Florence. Of course - any table wine in Italy is a good glass of wine!
I stocked up today so that I'm properly prepared once Abby and the holidays arrive. This meant stopping at 2 liquor stores because the first was out of the tan label completely. I guess my little secret isn't that much of a secret!! The lady helping me made an alternative suggestion, but when you haven't had alcohol in months, you can't take a risk like that!
No comments:
Post a Comment