I have some other posts in the queue that need photos to go with them… but I have a quick update on Grant.
Grant has started hitting. Initially it was the ground – we would tell him “No,” and he would turn around and hit the floor out of frustration. We would correct him and tell him hitting is not nice. Then earlier this week, he hit Clara. I can’t figure out what she did to set him off – but she can give some pretty mean looks! ;) Then last night, it was Nathaniel. His hero!! His mentor!! That one baffles me!
He’s also started throwing his toys. This one revolves around attention. But he will launch his favorite train, then try to go pick it up and throw it again! It’s a two-handed throw (and it usually goes pretty far).
We’re trying to nip this in the bud as promptly as we can so that hopefully a newborn isn’t in his crosshairs. Oh the beauty of being able to express yourself and the frustration of not being able to use WORDS to do so.
I wanted to put this down because I think it would make my head spin for someone to say “Oh – he’s reacting to the new baby.” No. This bad behavior came about on its own – without a baby, thankyouverymuch!!
If the train throwing is any indication, Grant will be a star on the basketball court. But we’ll have to wait to develop that athleticism. And in the meantime, Lola will learn to run faster!
Hello world!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment